Chicago Lumber Company of Omaha was founded in 1876 by M.T. Green, owner of Chicago Lumber Company of Chicago. The original site was at 7th and Douglas St. Retail stores were added to railheads as the railroads advanced through Nebraska.
On the 100th anniversary of Chicago Lumber Company of Omaha, the retail stores were renamed Century Lumber Centers. The Company philosophy has always been to provide quality building materials at a competitive price with the best service possible.